Minutes

Minutes – February 2016

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 3rd February 2016

 

Present

Board                      Stuart Rogers (chair), Miles Hendy, Mike Adams (minutes), Jon Darch, Marie Day, Terry Hamlin, James Nicholls, Jon Watts, Trina Watts

Members                 John Croker, Diane Rowland, Wendy Rowland, Sean Takle

Guest                      Julie Hayward (Avon & Somerset Police SLO), Dave Walters

 

  1. Accounts

Monthly triangular meeting took place; Stu has not been able to contact John Fitzgerald, our auditor.  Year 2015 is being processed; work to do with membership payments.  Our aim is a cash-free membership.  We are on course to hold our AGM on the opening of the new Supporters Bar in 2016.

  1. Birmingham Legal Case

One case is being taken forward.  A letter is being sent to West Midlands Police, who will have until April to admit liability or produce reasons for litigation.

  1. Birmingham fans at our last game.

A group arrived late because their coach broke down.  They were not allowed in initially as the away fans area was thought to be full.  This was corrected after 35 minutes.  We will ask for the fans to be compensated and contact their fans group. [action – Jon]

  1. Sports Bar

There were no tables at the last game; seats all taken by 1.10pm.  One fan waited an hour for fish and chips; another 30 minutes for chips. [action Stu to Mark Kelly]

  1. Atyeo bar proposal

A possible Atyeo Bar is being considered by a dedicated group involving Section 82.  The positions of away fans and section 82 next season are a crucial part of the discussions.

  1. Club official on OTIB

This is working well; Mark Kelly lets Marie know of any issue.  One question – in the half-time draw a figure £650 often arises, why? [action – Mike to find out]

  1. Ask the owner

SL may not be able to make the Forest game so we are looking for venues for Charlton (quite appropriate given the turmoil they are in with ownership and decisions being made about managers and players).

  1. Statue

Tom Murphy is on schedule.  David Lane is due to pay us a visit in preparation for the Atyeo book.

  1. Garland Or Me!

Mike reported the play will be staged at Ashton Gate 26-29 September.  We will need to put effort into publicising the event, starting soon, leading up to the summer break.

  1. Fans Advisory Network

A FaceBook page is set up and a thread on OTIB.  Ticket prices are expected to remain the same next season.  The Twenty’s Plenty policy is being pursued.

  1. Postal address

A Postal Box will be set up [action – Marie].  Once established all relevant documents will need updating. [action – Stu (bank, HMRC), Marie (OTIB), Jon (website, FSF), Mike (letterheads)]

  1. Robin logo

A meeting took place about six weeks ago, involving James Grieve.  Some Robin images could be positioned around the stadium in a policy of gradually reintroducing the theme.  There are three iconic badges which we should make use of – the others being Bristol’s Ship & Castle and the Barred Gate.  It was agreed to press the Club to give fans the choice over crest/badge design. [action – Stu]

  1. AOB Parking

Cars parked in Duckmoor and Ashton Roads in a way that buses cannot pass.  There is no enforcement; the Club need to provide stewarding.  Dl emailed and AB copied about six blue badge holders.  Two PCOs are allotted each home game from 1pm to give advice and stop parking within 15m of the corner.  Residents have requested a meeting with DL.

  1. Next Meeting – Wednesday 2 March

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *